Bordoodles are quite amazing in how they change based on age and grooming! On this page, we’ll discuss grooming as well as show you photos of a few of our dogs in puppyhood and then adulthood!
It’s taken me a long time to find a handful of grooming styles that I like. Every owner is different and has a different preference of how their dog looks and feels. Below, you can see my favorite grooming style as well as many other cute looks our dogs can have! Finding a groomer expirienced with “Doodles” is also key.
I prefer a cute, yet functional cut.
Face and Eyes:
- Diagonally cut above the eyes, leaving the eyelashes long.
- Blend bang line into ear length.
- Using scissors only, diagonally cut under eyes and around nose.
- Cut underside of ear up to ear leather.
- Leave front of ear longer, blending in with bang length.
Top of head:
- Top of head should remain longer, it should be long enough to slightly part in the middle and gradually blend into the length of the ear.
- Clip body to 3/4 to 3″ length, depending on preference.
- Leave legs and feet the same length as body.
- Round the fur on the bottom of the feet, eliminating any coat from touching the ground.