We love visitors!
Let’s face it, there are so many fun things about being a quality breeder of these very special hybrids. Beyond the obvious of snuggles, late night whelping, puppy breath and tiny toes, there is another aspect I truly enjoy. Visiting with families from all over the world that are adding one of our special puppies to their family! Being a “people person”, I certainly thrive on hearing people’s stories, their family dynamic and sharing in the daydream of what having their puppy home will be like. It’s a very fun part of what I do and we love opening our home to the people that are trusting us to raise their newest family member!
Aside from enjoying the process, it is also important that we do all we can do keep each and every puppy and dog as safe as possible here.
Puppies have vulnerable immune systems and even simple things can be fatal such as kennel cough, giardia, coccidea and even a flea infestation can cause anemia and kill a tiny, young puppy. Not to mention the even more deadly and highly contagious threats such as parvo. Some steps that we take to bring those risks as low as possible are:
- We ask that only immediate family visit puppies if it is before your take home date. Keeping “foot traffic” low is helpful in lowering risk of bringing in dangerous illnesses.
- Please do not visit Petco, Petsmart, Nature’s Pet, Home Depot or any other pet friendly store on the day of your visit.
- Please do not visit any other breeders, puppies or dogs other than your own on the day of your visit.
- Please be willing to remove your shoes at the door and wear or bring clean socks to have on at in the entryway. Booties are available apon request.
- Please roll your pants up to your calf so they are not touching the ground.
- Please remove coats, jackets etc and roll up long sleeves.
- You will be asked to wash your hands and arms with a disinfectant soap prior to entering any puppy areas.
- We do not allow visitors to bring their dogs into our home so if it is a warm day, please leave your dog at home. Dogs are welcome to wait in the vehicle on cool days but be sure said dog is up to date on vaccinations and parasite free!
Other information about visiting:
- We do have cats who love visitors too! If you are allergic or not fond of cats please let me know ahead of time and we will confine him for your visit.
- We have a young son that often accompanies me in visits so please be patient as I balance motherhood and business.
- Please keep your children with you at all times and under control. This is our home and we ask that it be respected just as we would respect your home. If you have active children it may be helpful to bring along a friend or family member to help.
- Please be timely. My day is very busy and we plan things before and after meetings so please do not show up more than 15 minutes early and if you will be late, please let us know as soon as you are able.
- Your clothes are likely to get paw-prints and more on them so we don’t advise dress clothes.
- If you’re bringing a puppy gift, please only bring new, still in package items. If you bring something with “your scent” to leave (such as a worn shirt or a towel/blanket), we will have to turn it away unfortunately. It just isn’t worth the risk of potentially bringing in outside disease/parasites/illness.
- If you are making a payment of any kind, please bring cash only.
- Yes, you may take photos! Please hashtag #oregonbordoodles when posting on social media!
- Lastly, please remember that this is our home. It is not a facility. It will look “lived in” when you come and have various family members coming and going and things going on.
We truly appreciate your understanding and are excited to visit with you!